Join Kim Vogel and Dan Marks as they discuss the unique role of the board of directors in overseeing rather than executing a bank strategy. Kim serves on the board of directors for Tri Counties Bank as well as two FinTechs.
- How Kim’s background in Equity Research and FinTech startups informs her perspective
- The board’s role as overseer rather than management
- Effective board and management interactions
- How to assess and manage risk rather than try to eliminate it
- Keys to successful innovation and how to create a culture of “smart innovation.”
- Real world stories and examples from multiple chairs
- What Kim secretly wanted to be when she grew up and the advice she would give her younger self about pursuing a board role